Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Election 2008 Online Coverage

People are really interested in the 2008 election. From primary coverage to polls of who could win the presidency, people are keeping track of it all - especially online.

I often check RealClearPolitics.com because they have informative and balanced blogs. You don't have to worry that it's all leaning toward one side. The site has many writers. It also has a good search system and breaks the election up into categories such as the parties and candidates. I had to write a paper for a political science class that predicted who would win the primaries in a certain state, Arkansas, and even though the answers would seem obvious - Clinton and Huckabee in one of their home states - the blogs helped me come to a full conclusion.

I don't have time to subscribe to the New York Times like I did for the past two years, so when I find time to read news, I often go to their Web site or other news sites such as CNN or NPR. I listen to NPR while driving to get some election coverage, but when I get home, I want to read about the coverage I miss when I park my car and go back to my apartment.

The CNN site is especially helpful because they have a full election center page, as linked above. It displays the number of votes each delegate has and shows a map of all the states and shows who has done primaries.

No comments: