Sunday, November 1, 2009

Twitter Lists

Twitter launched "Twitter Lists" last week for users to organize who they follow. On top of giving me something to do while watching the Yankees game on TV and winding down from work and a busy weekend, Twitter Lists actually helped me understand how and why I use Twitter. Yes, it feels good to be organized, but it's pretty cool to see how and why you and other people use something like Twitter.

As soon as I saw that I could make Twitter Lists, I had to think of the best way to group people in as few groups as possible while still being specific. First, I noticed that I use Twitter to get a lot of my news. Second, I saw that as a journalist, I have a lot of journalist friends and follow a lot of journalists. Then I thought, this is pretty cool.

Here are the lists I came up with:
@freesiaa/entertainment
@freesiaa/humor
@freesiaa/politics
@freesiaa/journalism
@freesiaa/friends
@freesiaa/uconn
@freesiaa/music
@freesiaa/news

I'm not sure if I'll follow other user lists, but it was nice to organize these lists for myself, and it's interesting to see how other people organize their lists and who they're following the most.

No comments: