Monday, May 3, 2010

Brand New out, 30 Seconds to Mars in at this year's B.O.M.B. Fest


B.O.M.B. Fest is officially going to be like Warped Tour mixed with All Points West.

Brand New recently dropped out of this year's B.O.M.B. Fest due to family obligations, which could be good news or bad news for you, since their replacement is 30 Seconds to Mars.

I found out about this change through another blog and some talk this weekend, but I wanted to wait until B.O.M.B. Fest officially announced it to make a post. Then this morning, I got an email from the ticketing website saying that my tickets could be refunded because of the band change. Here's the message from the friendly guys at B.O.M.B. Fest:

"We're excited to announce 30 Seconds to Mars will co-headline with Lupe Fiasco at the 2010 B.O.M.B. Fest. 30 Seconds to Mars stepped in after an unfortunate family obligations led Brand New to pull out of this year's festival. We hope you are as excited as the rest of the northeast music community to see 30 Seconds to Mars join the show. For more information read more here - http://www.bringourmusicback.org/30-Seconds-to-Mars-joins-Lupe-Fiasco"

It's totally cool that they're refunding tickets, by the way. I know there are people who go to festivals for one band, and they sometimes can't return their tickets if their band cancels. So that was really nice.

And I say B.O.M.B. Fest is going to be like Warped Tour mixed with All Points West because it's close to home (Warped Tour usually stops in a spot easy for us CT folk to get to), and the line-up is like if you blended the two. I actually saw 30 Seconds to Mars at Warped Tour in Fitchburg, Mass. back in summer 2006. I remember it vividly because when I was stuck in traffic on my way there, there was a 30 Seconds to Mars car near me - this girl seriously had the band name painted huge on her car, all the band member bobbleheads on her dashboard, stickers and 30 Seconds to Mars attire. I recall my friend saying, "Hey, I think that girl really likes 30 Seconds to Mars." (If you're reading this, girl with the 30 Seconds to Mars car, I appreciate your fandom.) So add that with the other acts like Of Montreal and Girl Talk - bands you would see at an indie hipster festival like All Points West, and you've got yourself a pretty fun combo. I'm pretty excited. It'll be like high school (I was even in a Girl Scout troop in Durham in high school) mixed with college (We listened to Girl Talk non-stop my senior year.)

Just in case you didn't see my last post on B.O.M.B. Fest, it goes down Sunday, May 30 on the Durham Fairgrounds. Tickets are $50 plus fees and can be purchased online at http://www.bombfest.com/. According to the website, you have 27 days left to purchase tickets! You can also buy them for no fees at Redscroll Records in Wallingford.

I've embedded "The Kill" above because I really liked that song in 2006 when it was big, and when 30 Seconds to Mars played Warped Tour. I also enjoy playing it on Rock Band.

No comments: