Sunday, May 23, 2010

First Chipotle in Connecticut!


A Chipotle burrito is totally worth an hour and a half wait, especially if it's free. That's how long I waited on Thursday to get my first Chipotle burrito in Connecticut, and even though it was really hot out, it was totally worth it once I got to that counter and loaded my burrito up with everything. We make sure to stop in a Chipotle whenever we go to New York (since there's one every couple blocks in the city), so having a Chipotle in Connecticut in West Hartford, which is about a half hour away from me, is awesome. (Above is the beginning of the line.)


So after about an hour and 15 minutes in line, I could actually see the doorway, and the people around me were getting excited. Actually, once I got close to the counter, one very happy dude said, "Just load it up!" as his burrito was being made. I think that's the beauty of Chipotle - that you're getting a jacked burrito with awesome ingredients for not that bad a price. On free burrito day, it's that x2, since you're getting it for free. I also enjoy getting tacos and quesadillas at times, and the chips with a hint of lime are a great side order. Now that a Chipotle is open in Connecticut, I'm definitely going to enjoy going there. Also, the West Hartford location, on 966 Farmington Ave., is obviously bigger than a lot of the Chipotles in New York City. There's a few tables on the sidewalk in front of the restaurant and lots of seating inside. Plus, if you go down the hallway past the counter where you order, there are even more tables. Pretty awesome.

If you go: It's on 966 Farmington Ave., West Hartford. Open daily from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.

No comments: