Monday, June 21, 2010

10 days of $10 tickets from Live Nation - Happy Summer!


I think everyone has a routine for when they get into work. For me, it's plug in my laptop, log onto my e-mail then check Twitter updates.

Great surprise today. @LiveNationCT tweeted this: Your last chance to get $10.01 No Service Fee lawn tix to Jonas Brothers & Demi Lovato on 8/13: http://bit.ly/baDd2y Ends at 11:59 tonight!

OK, clearly I'm not going to see the Jonas Brothers and Demi Lovato, but $10? What?

Well, I looked into it, and Live Nation is doing $10 ticket specials to select shows for the last 10 days of June. And June is already the month with no service fees. Sweet!

The offer applies to one show each day from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. Tomorrow the deal's for Lynyrd Skynyrd with Bret Michaels. Here's to hoping that it's Jack Johnson's July 9 show in two days. These shows, so far, are all at the Meadows, or Comcast Theater in Hartford.

Side story: I was going to buy my Jack Johnson tickets today, actually because of no service fees, and because I got an e-mail from ticketmaster saying Jack Johnson shows were almost sold out. Think I'll take my chances and wait until the last day of June to see what the specials are. I wouldn't want what happened to me with my John Mayer and Train tickets - I was going to buy a 4-pack mid-May and the next day, the ticket prices went up $5, so I bought them in case they'd go up again. Well, then it turned June and Live Nation announced no fees for the rest of the month. So I ended up paying a higher price with service fees. There's nothing I can do about it now, though, and I got my tickets in the mail, so I'm excited for that show, which is Aug. 7.

Here's the link to the rest of the shows at the Meadows this summer. http://www.livenation.com/Comcast-Theatre-tickets-Hartford/venue/237642?tm_link=edp_Venue_Name_1

And speaking of which, happy first day of summer!

UPDATE on 6/22: APPARENTLY the Lynyrd Skynyrd tickets are the special both today AND tomorrow. Boo. I guess I can hope once more that it's Jack Johnson in two days.

No comments: