Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Last day of LiveNation no service fees



Last chance for no service fees with LiveNation (it's only for the month of June), so I just bought my Jack Johnson tickets for his July 9 show at the Meadows/Comcast Theatre in Hartford. I was waiting until today because it was the last day of no service fees - and because it was the last day of the $10 promotion. LiveNation announced 10 days ago that it would sell $10 tickets - no service fees attached - to different shows in your area each day. And no such luck on getting Jack Johnson for $10. That $10 promotion was pretty disappointing for me. Well, the first and last day of that was the Jonas Brothers, and in between there was Lynyrd Skynyrd, Ozzy and Lilith, which are all quality shows, but ones I wouldn't go to. Maybe it'll work out for me next year. Sigh. At least I didn't have to pay the fees for one show, especially after paying the service fees for John Mayer just two days before LiveNation instated no service fee June.

I actually read a good article in Rolling Stone about ticket promotions because of the lack of ticket sales this summer. It mentions the fact that it's unfair to people who bought tickets early and encourages us to wait until the very last minute to buy tickets in case there are deals. I can't find the link online, but it was in the recent issue with Jay-Z on the cover.

No comments: