Tuesday, April 27, 2010

100 Posts! /Check out B.O.M.B. Fest!

Just noticed when I signed in today that I hit 100 posts with my last one. Wow!

Thanks for reading, everyone. Garrett said he wanted to contribute to my blog, but I don't think that makes sense for one called "The Freesia Fix," so I might start a new one in the near future. We'll see where our collaboration goes.

In the meantime, I got my B.O.M.B. Fest and Lady Gaga tickets in the mail this week!

If you haven't heard of B.O.M.B. Fest, it's May 30 at the Durham Fairgrounds, and it's for a good cause. The line-up includes Lupe Fiasco, Of Montreal, Girl Talk, Brand New, Mute Math, Ra Ra Riot, Jay Electronica, Cool Kids and many more bands including one of our local favorites, M.T. Bearington. Definitely check this festival out: http://www.bombfest.com/

You have 33 days left to buy tickets, which are $50 plus fees and well worth it. I saw Of Montreal last year at Toad's Place, and the show was incredible. They're one of my favorite bands to begin with, but they really put on a fun show - complete with crazy guys in stretch suits rolling around and doing stunts and lots of wacky costumes. I've also seen Girl Talk twice, and it's always a party when he comes around. I'd pay $50 to see two of the bands listed, but it's an all-day festival with a lot of bands. It starts at noon and goes 'til 10 p.m. that night, and there's going to be bunch of vendors and a Ferris wheel!

Another bonus: This is pretty much in my backyard. So all you CT friends who ever thought we don't get many good shows (myself included), this is a pretty great exception. I can't wait.

No comments: